Have you heard of “Hausa groundnuts” before especially If you are in Nigeria?
It is called TIGER NUTS
Well, you need to read this very important information about tiger nuts
Tiger nuts have been used for centuries as both food and medicine. They are not actually nuts but tuber vegetables. They come in different varieties like black, brown and yellow. You can eat them, blend them to make tiger nut milk, you can mix them with dates, coconuts or add healthy flavors. You can make them softer by soaking them in cold clear water for few hours
- They aid easy digestion. They are very high in fibres which aid easy bowel movements, reduces constipation, indigestion, relieve gas and diarrhea
- They help improve the health of your heart, prevent heart diseases, help blood circulation and lower blood cholesterol
- They are highly nutritious. They contain fibres, carbs, protein, fat, Vitamin E, Iron, phosphorus, Vitamin C, magnesium, zinc, potassium and calcium. They also contains antioxidants that help to fight Chronic diseases
- They help boost and strengthen the immune system and fight infections too
- They can be a healthy alternative for people with lactose intolerance
- They are very good sex boosters. They can be used to boost libido, correct erectile dysfunction,restore sexual vitality especially when mixed with dates. Couples who wants to work on their sex life can try this combo
- Diabetic patients can take tiger nuts in small doses because it can aid insulin production and sensitivity but must be taken with caution and taken with permission from your doctor
- Due to its high fibre content, if you are taking it for the first time, introduce it into your diet gradually and it is not advisable for anybody to take it in large quantity because it can cause gas, bloating and difficulty in digestion
- It can cause irritated or itchy throat which can cause coughing. It is advisable to drink water after eating tiger nuts
- They are fatty in nature and those who want to lose weight should eat this cautiously
Have you eaten tiger nuts before? Did you like it? Any allergies? What was your experience like?