Cherry is a stone fruit with a chewable edible skin with numerous health benefits. Cherry has a sweet-sour taste with it’s color ranging from green to yellow to brownish red.
Cherry popularly called agbalumo is a favorite fruit of many people
- Cherry has a very high vitamin C content which also helps to boost the Immune system, regulate blood pressure,prevent cardiovascular diseases, eye issues etc.If you need a fantastic source of Vitamin C, then eat cherry
- Cherry is rich in other vital health nutrients like proteins, fibers( it help in proper digestive function, helps to prevent constipation) potassium(Which help in muscle contraction) ,copper, manganese, Vitamin B.
- Cherry is very rich with antioxidants and antiinflammatory plant compounds that helps to protect the body against free radicals that causes chronic diseases like heart diseases, cancer etc and premature aging. They help to prevent cell damage and inflammation
- Cherry has been found to reduce muscle pain, inflammation and damage from exercises. This is due to its antiinflammatory and antioxidants properties
- Cherry is very good for heart health, it reduces the risks of a heart diseases, thanks to the presence of potassium and antioxidants present in it. It also helps to regulate blood pressure, reduce excessive sodium in the blood, maintain regular heart rhythms, it prevents cellular damage and inflammation too
- Due to its antiinflammatory properties, it can reduce symptoms of arthritis. It can also help decrease uric levels. They inhibit oxidative stress and prevent a build up of inflammatory proteins
Fantastic fruit for these times especially because it is very high in Vitamin C and can help boost your immunity